Piqua Garden Study Club
The Garden Study Club of Piqua material with accession number 86/41 was donated to the Flesh Public Library in the fall of 1948.
The Piqua Garden Study Club formed in November, 1939 after an organizational and informational meeting with the regional director of the Ohio Association of Garden Clubs. The mission statement of the club was to “further the interests of its members – and that of the community –in the study and care of gardens, flowers, shrubbery, trees, and birds.”
To this end, each meeting featured at least one speaker on related topics.
The club met regularly throughout the war years, but a decline in interest and membership caused it to disband in 1948.
File 1 Scrapbook –
November 1939 –October 1948
File 2 Copies of newspaper articles from scrapbook
File 3 Printed Material:
File 4 Bank Statements -1943-1948 (incomplete)
File 5 Receipts, assorted
File 6 Correspondence of club including officer lists
File 7 Questionnaires (1948) completed by members in an effort to research what is necessary for the club to continue