Social Media Community Policy
The Piqua Public Library invites you to join our community and post your thoughts on our web site and social networking pages.
But before you comment, please read these basic rules:
- Be appropriate. Comments with abusive, obscene, sexually explicit, sexist, hate speech, racist or otherwise derogatory or hateful language or images will be deleted. Comments should not endorse candidates or a particular stance on current ballot measures; encourage illegal activity; compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or violate copyright, trademark or other legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Be kind. Comments that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation will be deleted.
- Be polite. Comments containing personal attacks, insults or threats will be deleted.
- Be honest. Potentially libelous comments will be deleted.
- Be on topic. Comments not related to the topic of discussion in the post will be deleted.
- Don’t ‘spam.’ Comments advertising or promoting commercial products and services will be deleted.
We reserve the right to delete or reject any comment or ban any user who violates our community code of conduct. Community comments don’t reflect the views of the Piqua Public Library or its employees unless stated otherwise.