MS-051

MS-51

 

Piqua Garden Study Club

 

INTRODUCTION

 

The Garden Study Club of Piqua material with accession number 86/41 was donated to the Flesh Public Library in the fall of 1948.

 

The Piqua Garden Study Club formed in November, 1939 after an organizational and informational meeting with the regional director of the Ohio Association of Garden Clubs.  The mission statement of the club was to “further the interests of its members – and that of the community –in the study and care of gardens, flowers, shrubbery, trees, and birds.”

 

To this end, each meeting featured at least one speaker on related topics.

 

The club met regularly throughout the war years, but a decline in interest and membership caused it to disband in 1948.

 

CONTAINER LISTING

 

BOX 1

File 1        Scrapbook –

       Contains:

              Membership lists

              Minutes

              Articles

              Annual Reports

              November 1939 –October 1948

 

File 2        Copies of newspaper articles from scrapbook

 

File 3        Printed Material:

       By-laws

       Club books

 

File 4        Bank Statements -1943-1948 (incomplete)

 

File 5        Receipts, assorted

 

File 6        Correspondence of club including officer lists

 

File 7        Questionnaires (1948) completed by members in an effort to research what is necessary for the club to continue
 

 


Source URL: https://piqualibrary.org/content/ms-051